A Trip to Chikmagalur from Hyderabad
Introduction: Chikmagalur is a hill station located in the Karnataka state of India. It is known for its lush green hills, coffee plantations, and waterfalls. The town is also home to a number of historical temples
Chikmagalur is a hill station located in the Karnataka state of India. It is known for its lush green hills, coffee plantations, and waterfalls. The town is also home to a number of historical temples and monuments.
If you are planning a trip to Chikmagalur from Hyderabad, here is a possible 3-day itinerary:
Day 1: Drive from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
The distance between Hyderabad and Chikmagalur is about 500 kilometres. The driving time is about 8 hours. You can either drive yourself or take a bus or a taxi. On the way, you can stop at the Lakkundi ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ruins are a collection of Hindu and Jain temples dating back to the 11th and 12th centuries.
In the evening, check in to your hotel in Chikmagalur.
Day 2: Visit the Baba Budangiri Hills
The Baba Budangiri Hills are a popular trekking destination. The hills are home to a number of temples and caves, including the shrine of Baba Budan, a Muslim saint who is credited with introducing coffee to India. In the afternoon, go for a hike to the Hebbe Falls, a beautiful waterfall located in the Western Ghats. The falls are about 30 metres high and offer stunning views of the surrounding hills.
Day 3: Visit the Coffee Museum
The Coffee Museum is located in Chikmagalur and tells the story of coffee cultivation in Karnataka. The museum has exhibits on the history of coffee, the different types of coffee, and the coffee-making process.
In the afternoon, drive back to Hyderabad. Additional Planning Tips
● The best time to visit Chikmagalur is during the monsoon season (June to September) when the hills are lush and green. However, the weather can be unpredictable during this time.
● The peak tourist season is during the winter months (December to February) when the weather is pleasant.
● There are a variety of accommodation options available in Chikmagalur, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts.
● The local cuisine is a mix of Karnataka and Udupi cuisine. Some of the must-try dishes include Bisi bele bath, Ragi mudde, and Neer dosa. Budget The total cost of the trip will vary depending on your budget and the activities
you choose to do. However, you can expect to spend around INR 5,000 per person for a 3-day trip. Itinerary Variations
If you have more time, you can add a few more days to your trip and explore other places in the region. Here are a few suggestions:
● Visit the Nagarhole National Park, a wildlife sanctuary home to tigers, elephants, and leopards.
● Go for a white-water rafting adventure on the Cauvery River.
● Take a day trip to the Udupi temple town, known for its delicious seafood.
Chikmagalur is a beautiful hill station with a lot to offer visitors. With its lush green hills, coffee plantations, and waterfalls, it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.