High protein food which is very useful to your body
High protein food which is very useful to your body Protein is an important nutrient that the body needs to generate energy to grow, repair cells, and also get stamina. Enough amounts of protein need to
High protein food which is very useful to your body
Protein is an important nutrient that the body needs to generate energy to grow, repair cells, and also get stamina. Enough amounts of protein need to be added to the everyday meal.
Proteins are made from amino acids which are also called amino acids. There are around 20 amino acids that work in different ways. Our body uses these acids to create new proteins and generates energy for the growth of muscles, bones, and also other compounds such as enzymes and hormones. Some amino acids are made by our body on its own and those are 11 types that are called non-essential amino acids the fact is there are 9 types of amino acids that our body cannot make which are called essential amino acids. So to maintain a proper diet we need to consume a balanced amount of these.
Protein is a large category of molecules that gives structure, energy, and support to the cells which are necessary to develop our immune system, chemical reactions, hormone synthesis, etc.
How much protein needs to be consumed
Protein consumption depends from person to person based on their body size, activity level, age, and health issues they have. Some may have to consume more for a little amount. However, every person needs to have an adequate quantity of protein in their diet to generate enough energy to keep themselves active throughout the day.
Nowadays medical experts are recommending protein-based food to everyone and for the people who tend to do more physical activity, adults, pregnant ladies, breastfeeding moms, and kids require more protein to be energetic and active.
As per the studies it is recommended dietary allowance for protein is set as 0.36 grams per pound of your body weight so ideally 0.8 grams per kg. People who are physically active need 0.54 -0.9 grams of protein per pound which mean 1.2-2 grams per kg is sufficient.
Consuming more protein also helps us to lose weight, improves heart health, and has many other benefits.
Depending on the number of essential amino acids the nutritional value of the proteins will be calculated. There are different kinds of amino acids that have variations in the number of amino acids.
- The amazing food which has all essential amino acids is in animal products like chicken, beef, fish, etc. which are also known as ideal or high-quality protein.
- The food which contains high-quality essential amino acids is soy, quinoa, seeds of leafy vegetables called Amarnath, etc. This is usually been consumed mostly in Asia and the Mediterranean.
- Plant proteins such as beans, nuts, lentils, and whole grains are also rich in essential amino acids but few are lacking in them so it is known as incomplete proteins.
People whoever planning to have a high protein diet can choose the combination of proteins they get from different sources to make their meal healthy with an adequate amount of essential amino acids.
Amazing foods that are rich in protein
- Eggs- The egg is one of the most nutritional food in the world it is a great source of protein that is easily digestible and also one of the excellent sources of vitamins A, Vitamin B12, minerals, healthy fats, and antioxidants. There is one more essential nutrient found in eggs called choline which is very important for pregnant and breastfeeding moms for the development and proper growth of the baby. There is a myth saying that egg yolk contains a lot of cholesterol which is not safe but as per the research and studies it is declared that a whole egg is incredibly healthy to prevent any kind of chronic disease.
- Almonds- Almonds are named a high protein plant-based food that has amazing benefits such as it keeps heart health safe, regulating blood pressure, helping to balance the cholesterol levels in the body, and many more. and they are rich in essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium. Along with this pistachios and cashews are also loaded with sufficient proteins.
- Chicken– Chicken is considered to be the best source of protein and an excellent choice for people who are extremely health conscious. Along with proteins chicken also contains a variety of B vitamins, minerals, zinc, and selenium. The best part is chicken could be cooked in many ways and it is one of the easily digested foods.
- Cottage cheese- There are different types of cheese but cottage cheese is considered to be an amazing food that contains protein, calcium, phosphorous, selenium, vitamin B12, riboflavin, and whatnot. Many studies suggest that cottage chees can be consumed in many ways and is an excellent choice for satisfying the meal.
- Greek yogurt- The other name for greek yogurt is strained yogurt which is very thick in consistency and rich in protein, calcium, Vitamin A, B12, selenium, zinc, etc.
- Lentils- These are named the best among the richest protein plant-based protein food which contains fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, etc which helps to keep the person healthy.
- Fish- Fish is one of the amazing protein-based foods which has plenty of nutrients that benefit the human body and the best part is it has no cholesterol.
There are many more protein-based foods that benefit us in many ways.
Benefits of High protein food
There are several benefits of consuming high proteins foods such as
- Recovers soon after high-intensity exercise
- Reducing muscle loss
- Building lean muscles
- Helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
Why does our body needs protein
There is a five-step process that makes us understand why everyone needs protein to stay healthy.
- Build- To build bones and muscles.
- Repair- To repair the tissues.
- Oxygenate- Carries oxygen to the body’s organs.
- Digest- Makes enzymes for easy digestion.
- Regulate- Helps in proper hormone regulation.
Having enough proteins in a diet keeps us healthy and happy. Any diet plan needs to be started only under the supervision of a personal doctor or a dietician.